If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

You are replying to:

• I'm looking for some feedback in our rankings, and how the lists are working.

So right now, if you go to <insert any page here> everything is ordered by the maps rank. This is different than the projects rank in some cases, as a projects rank is combined from all maps within it.

Now we have to ask ourselves, should the project rank really differ from the map rank? The reason it does right now, is because it makes sense. Dota should be the #1 map if any version of it attains #1, whether or not a new version has been uploaded that is rank #1341234. This makes is so a new version doesn't bump the project off of its rank.

So since we do this, (and this was kind of an oversight), it feels like we should change "Popular" etc to order by the project rank, rather than the map rank, unless you're saying "show old versions", which means "show maps instead of projects". (I might change it so it actually says that as well)

So here's your chance to give feedback on ranking in general, and how its used.

We have two algorithms, and while I won't give specifics, they compute based on the following stats (ordered from most important, to least):

1. Number of times hosted (only for WC3)
    2. Number of downloads daily (the rolling weekly average)
    3. Overall rating
    4. Date added

Now, what I want to achieve is an even better ranking algorithm that uses a few more stats:

• Overall review rating (would be MUCH more prominent than then normal ratings)
    • Number of favorites
    • Number of comments

So based on all of this, what do you like, hate, and want to see tweaked with the popularity on Nibbits?

Have feedback about Nibbits.com? Let me know!
    Addict

Support Nibbits by linking to us: