If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

You are replying to:

• Nick88389: You've got some pretty serious fallacies going, yourself. Here's one of my own: people who've learned about stuff like fallacies are more likely to use them. Anyway, on to hopefully non-fallicious counterpoints.

You don't seem to understand how weather works. The three biggest factors, as I understand it, are the sun, wind currents, and ocean currents. The Earth mostly absorbs energy from the sun in the equator. This energy does not magically, instantly get equally distributed among the whole planet; the air and water get heated up and, with the currents, move toward the poles. When the air/water gets cold enough, it sinks, and comes back around. More heated air at the equator means stronger currents not only to the poles but BACK, meaning hotter hot weather and colder cold weather. However, the more intense this process, the faster the ice caps melt, and once the caps are done melting, then the currents slow to a crawl or even stop, and then we really do experience global warming on a painful scale.

Your statement about livestock was also radically fallicious. You apparently assume that the only food that people can eat is meat. I won't even get into "how do the animals eat, then?" There are many factors why raising animals to be eaten are a bad idea; I'll just bring up two for sake of concision.

First is of course the greenhouse gasses. Hmm, should we grow the stuff that has a byproduct of oxygen, or the one that spews out methane? Second is the sheer energy inefficiency of livestock. I don't know the exact numbers, but basically, if you could either give a village one cow, or all the grain it would take to raise that cow, the village would live a lot longer on the grain.

So please. Don't imply that cutting back on or even stopping the domestication of animals for food would be making anyone starve, or even be a bad idea at all.

Sergeant
    Battle.net
    Name:
    NightChime
    Realm:
    US West

Support Nibbits by linking to us: