If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

You are replying to:

• jhigI can totally see this system being exploited. One teammate is terran, loads scvs and lifts to some island expo or high yield, simply to feed resources to other player. It works well in WC3 because different races have different mining rates, for instance the undead usually have a surplus of wood (ghouls collect double wood), but lack gold. However, this is not the case in SC2. I think feeder teammates would be very common in SC2 if the sharing system is implemented.

You know, in SC2 the mining rates are the same but the thing is, different races use differing amounts of each resource for different tech options. For example, if I'm going mass archons as Protoss but my ally is following up with a zergling-heavy army, I'm going to be constantly low on gas, and my ally constantly low on minerals. Resource trading bridges the gap there. In general, especially with the timer to prevent minerals being pooled for super-early cheap rushes, I think resource trading is fairly balanced.

Corporal

Support Nibbits by linking to us: