If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

You are replying to:

• From Cleopatra’s bob to Donald Trump’s combover, history is full of famous hair. But which iconic coiffures have packed the biggest michael kors outlet cultural punch?“[There are] many influential hairstyles,” says Kurt Stenn, author of the recently-released book “Hair: A Human History.” “But they don’t all Longchamp Handbags have the same social implications.”To get to the root of it, we asked Stenn to name a few of Western civilization’s most Coach Purses game-changing ’dos. Here are his top five.Talk about highbrow. During the 16th century, nobles pined for red hair crowning a high forehead Longchamp to look more like the powerful — and extremely vain — Tudor monarch Elizabeth I. “I don’t think she devised [the style], michael kors but she capitalized on it and made it popular in the court,” Stenn says. The look was so desirable, in fact, that michael kors outlet online “women would pluck the hair completely off their upper brow,” he adds. “The exposed forehead was said to be pretty sexy.”For scores michael kors outlet online sale of newly independent women in the 1920s, it was goodbye, corset; hello, bob. Sure, cropped tresses were adopted by several major celebrities Coach Outlet of the era, but Stenn says few embodied the ’do’s defiant spirit better than Gabrielle “Coco” Chanel. “She represented the liberated woman,” michael kors outlet he says of the legendary self-made couturier. “She didn’t produce the hairstyle, but she best represented the need for it.”
    EndyMed, a Michael Kors Purses purveyor of derm-office RF machines, has now harnessed its “3DEEP” skin-tightening technology into Newa, a miniaturized DIY version — the first of michael kors its kind to be granted FDA clearance for home use. While not as powerful as a pro-level jolt of radio frequency, two coach outlet online brief sessions a week will restore four years of collagen within three months, according to the company. Not bad for a little Michael Kors Handbags chez vous zipping and zapping.
    Not long ago, Mia Kang was a commodities trader. Now she’s a professional knockout.Kang, who won the Longchamp Outlet most recent Sports Illustrated’s Swimsuit Model Search contest and snagged a high-profile spot in the magazine’s February bikini-babe issue, is also getting Longchamp Outlet ready for her first professional Muay Thai fight.Not bad for a girl who’s been in New York a little over a year. michael kors outlet online “I’m a very lucky girl since I moved here and started at the top with Sports Illustrated,” Kang, 28, told The Post. coach factory “That being said, I’m here to win.”But her life hasn’t always been a victory march. Kang, who grew up in Hong Kong, Coach Outlet Online said she was an overweight kid and bullied in elementary school. That is, until puberty hit and she dropped half her body michael kors outlet clearance weight.“The boys in my class who bullied me asked me out to prom,” Kang said. “From a very young age I saw michael kors handbags an ugly side of people.” Modeling scouts took note, too, and Kang walked the runways of Paris and Milan at age 17. coach outlet But she listened to her father, who advised her to put her fashion dreams on hold and go to college.
    Logo dressing Coach Handbags is nothing new, but when Anthony Vaccarello displayed a giant neon sign that spelled “YSL” at his first Saint Laurent runway show Michael Kors Outlet Online last fall, attention was paid. The iconic “Cassandre” typography — created by artist Adolphe Mouron Cassandre in 1961 under the tutelage of coach factory outlet Yves Saint Laurent himself — was famously dropped by Hedi Slimane when he took over the house in 2012 (he also dropped Longchamp Sale the “Yves,” leaving just “Saint Laurent”). Not only did Vaccarello restore the three-letter monogram but he went a step further, sending models michael kors purses down the runway wearing black patent heels emblazoned with it. The designer cleverly put the vertical design to good use on a Michael Kors Bags 4.3-inch heel, and while the message is a nod to the house’s legendary founder, the edgy silhouette is Vaccarello’s version of pure, coach purses modern sex appeal.
    The Grammys red carpet is supposed to be outrageous, dammit.After all, this is the place where J.Lo made her Coach Outlet Store Online career on a Versace plunge and Gaga once arrived in an egg.But last night, the Grammys failed to excite.Lady Gaga arrived in Longchamp Bags an egg at the 53rd Grammy Awards in 2011.Reuters.Your first clue? When E!’s presenters gushed over Demi Lovato’s Mob-wife-at-a-funeral look as “business Coach Outlet Store fancy.”What is it about the music industry’s Oscars that they get over-run by an epidemic of ballgowns and strange ’80s hair? And Michael Kors Outlet we’re not even talking about Johnny Depp, who seemed to still be growing out his Willy Wonka ’do. It’s like no one’s michael kors outlet quite sure whether to look professional or provocative.Instead, degrees of nakedness passed for daring. This year it was the leg bomb- — Coach Bags or, rather, more of a leg-off. In this corner, Taylor Swift, who’s been experimenting with the no-pants look of late and came michael kors bags up with a new one: tunnel of shame. In the other, Ciara, challenging the side-boob trend with side cheek.Then there was 19-year-old Longchamp Bag Zendaya, who tried a normcore tuxedo look but caught Kajagoogoo’s mullet on VH-1 Classic and went with that, too.Thank God for artists Michael Kors like Florence Welch and Lady Gaga. The latter finally returned to form in a custom Marc Jacobs technicolor coach handbags dreamcoat and some crazy red platforms, taking her new David Bowie tattoo to heart: “There’s a starman, waiting in the sky. He’d like to come and meet us but he thinks he’d blow our minds.”

Bags Outlet Sale:
    michael kors sale
    Longchamp
    Longchamp Purses
    Michael Kors Handbags Outlet
    Michael Kors Handbags On Sale
    coach factory store

Anonymous

Support Nibbits by linking to us: