If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

You are replying to:

• Recently, I've been convinced by Azala to revisit this site and upload some maps. In the beginning, I disliked this site as it is just one big database with hardly any way for a person with no Starcraft knowledge to tell which maps are the best.

At the time, the most popular maps were all Fastest money maps, which furthered my theory that even though this website is one of the biggest and most impressive map database I've seen, it does not cater to the people that actually play Starcraft.

But after revisiting this site, I really admire your goal, which is to be the best SC/SC2/WC3 map database. Since you do actually listen (I think), I'll give you my opinions. Value them or not, it is your choice. :P

Most of us (hopefully) have been on vacations before. We signed up on a tour company, and we followed the guide who took us through the cities/countries in which we wished to travel. It is a great way to spend way too much money, and try to travel and see the world for ourselves.

But, I'm sure many of us know that we're merely tourists. No matter how great the tour guide was, how organized the itineraries were, or how delicious the food was, we will never truly experience the culture of the city/country that we've visited.

When you join a tour, the tour guide takes you to the most precious, and characteristic "attractions" of the city/country. Like, if I went to Beijing, I'd have to visit the Great Wall of China, the Tian An Men Square, the Forbidden City, and the Underground City. But really, do the people of Beijing really visit these places? Do they really take the Great Wall of China, which is actually in the outskirts of Beijing, into their everyday lives? Or even the Forbidden city, which is now basically closed off except for workers and tourists.

When I see the maps, the ratings, and the forums of this website, I feel very much like the website can serve, at its best, a Starcraft Vacation. Nibbit's current system of uploading as much maps as possible, and have a nifty algorithm to test the popularity of maps by # of downloads, falsely represents the Starcraft community.

No one, other than the handful of SENners on this site, plays Diplomacy Empires. Also, no one, other than me and Azala (and that is if I asked him too :P), plays Playground Tag. Yet these two maps are on the top 10. Though I'm esctatic that one of my maps is rated on the top 10 out of over 10 thousand maps (!!), I also realize how this website totally misrepresents Starcraft on Battle.net.

So now, as I've come to terms with your rating system, I can maybe give some ideas that I have to make this website better represent Battle.net nowadays. Here we Go!!

Lieutenant
    Battle.net
    Name:
    UnholyUrine
    Realm:
    US West

Support Nibbits by linking to us: