If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

You are replying to:

• 3) Community

Lastly, I feel that Nibbits is not strong enough to represent a growing community. To be rank, it's more like a dump, where map makers try to put as many of their maps in here as possible and hope that there'll be downloads. Though there is clearly nothing wrong with this, it does move away from building a website community.

One thing that I hate and love about StarEdit.Net is that it is a strong community. It's usually the same people doing the same things, and people like to discuss, argue, play mafia, and such with each other. And they occasionally make and submit maps. (the thing I hate about it is that it is very seclusive, i.e. only ppl that've been there for a long time can thrive.)

Nibbits fail to bring out any community aspect, and people who'd come on this website will basically find the map they want, and leave. Nothing more.

To overcome this problem, it will require work from the moderators/you, dcramer. You will need to contribute your own thoughts, give reviews/featured maps. Have Maps of the Weeks, or upload random trivia and stuff, starcraft related or not. With this, there'll actually be more things to do other than uploading/downloading maps. And THEN, and ONLY then, should you expect REAL contributions, REAL ratings, and REAL rankings.

hope this helped.. my fingers are tired. :P

~Unholy

Lieutenant
    Battle.net
    Name:
    UnholyUrine
    Realm:
    US West

Support Nibbits by linking to us: