If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

You are replying to:

• While more categories might be added on the rating system I for one think that the ones currently there should stay there. I have been busy rating maps as I sort out some of my map folders (so far Sports and Movies) and have been sure to rate and comment on all of the maps I've uploaded. I don't think we should remove the ratings people have bothered to put up yet, maybe just add more categories at some point or something.

I'm not sure that everyone is trying to post every map up they can--some people's databases have just been dumped on to nibbits but other than that I think people primarily upload maps they like or think are good. For instance when I sorted my Sports map folders I only kept 26 of them as "good" and then other 109 went in an outdated versions/crappy folder that isn't in my starcraft directory to help reduce lag when I join games. I rated/commented on all of the sports maps that were on Nibbits I considered to be good (including category tags, making it easier for other people to find them) and then uploaded the few I had that nibbits didn't have.

For Movies I am currently doing the same thing, I think categories is what ultimately will make good maps easier to find out of all the rest as someone browsing will see them (category lists aren't 1,000s of maps yet after all) and can then comment/rate maps that they like.

I sent dcramer a link to a site that does keep track of maps hosted on battle.net but its actually kinda sad---the top 20 maps hosted are almost all melee maps, and a lot of them are fastest maps. Python 1.3 is first, and the ICCUP version of it is seventh, only occasionally does a UMS map crack the top ten in the low 400 times hosted. So yea, I'm not sure how much that would help with getting good maps ranked highly.

Anyway it's good to have another person contributing to the site--as you said there aren't a lot of people doing that. But an community takes time to build.

Battle.net
    Name:
    -BW-Map_God
    Realm:
    US West

Support Nibbits by linking to us: