If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

You are replying to:

• The Duchess of Cambridge is always nicely dressed: so polished and unassuming that her style often reads as safe — even boring.But recently it’s been a different story. During her busiest month of royal appearances since giving birth in May to baby Charlotte, Kate michael kors outlet upped the fashion ante. We saw bold color, even bolder prints, and — by Jove! — a proper princess tiara.Take a look at the Duchess’ most — dare we say — daring ensembles to date.Hedge funds aren’t exactly synonymous michael kors bags with glamour, but at the 100 Women in Hedge Funds gala in London on Tuesday night, Kate wore this floor-skimming silk Erdem gown, giving everyone there a reason to think “wow.”For a Chance UK event earlier in the day, michael kors outlet online the Duchess went with a look from Irish designer Orla Kiely. The fit is flawless, and, thankfully, the embroidered collar and slim belt save it from being just another gray dress.On Monday night, she gave the Bond sirens a Longchamp Bag run for their money at the London premiere of “Spectre” in a powder blue Jenny Packham creation. Everything was perfect, from the languid silhouette accentuating her statuesque frame to the Jimmy Choo clutch and sparkly belt.Earlier in the day Coach Bags on Monday, the Duchess popped into a London movie screening wearing an eye-catching Tabitha Webb space-print dress that proved the royal has, at last, flown outside her comfort zone.Nothing is more chic than a black turtleneck — particularly when coach handbags topped with a coat by Christopher Kane. It’s exactly what you want to wear for a visit to Kane’s native Scotland, which Kate did on Oct. 23.Last week, the president of the People’s Republic of China, Xi Jinping, and Michael Kors Bags his wife, Peng Liyuan, paid a state visit to London as guests of the royal family. On Oct. 21, the second day of their stay, Kate stunned in a plum-hued Dolce & Gabbana lace number.But it was the previous Coach Handbags night’s get-up — this bespoke Jenny Packham dress, plus an exquisite Lotus Flower tiara — that made us bow down to the (maybe) future queen.
    Jenna Lyons was just the tip of the iceberg.J.Crew’s longtime president and creative Michael Kors director, ousted from her jobs earlier this month, was just the beginning of a bloodletting at the struggling retailer, the chain said Tuesday.The company, led by CEO Mickey Drexler, will cut 150 jobs mainly at its New York headquarters Longchamp Handbags and not fill another 100 open positions.The job reductions, coming amid eroding sales, will save the preppy clothier about $30 million a year.But with the chain having $2 billion in debt, the savings is “a drop in the bucket,” Michael Kors Handbags according to Nick Williams, distressed-debt analyst for Reorg Research.J.Crew also reorganized its top ranks, thrusting even more responsibility onto President Michael Nicholson — who was also recently put in charge of the J.Crew brand.“It’s a much needed change, up Longchamp Bags and down the company, although ideally it should have taken place last year,” said Craig Johnson, president of research firm Customer Growth Partners.
    Tom Ford’s newly released fragrance, “Oud Wood,” costs a whopping $535 — and it’s chock-full of Longchamp Sale mold.Blame oud — an oil derived from the wood of certain evergreen trees when they’re infected by mold — which lends the scent its robust, woodsy, perfectly fall-appropriate whiff.As fragrance freaks know, this earthy smell is found in luxe coach purses men’s colognes like Byredo’s “Oud Immortel” and Givenchy’s “L’Atelier Oud Flamboyant,” which cost upward of $150 to $200 per bottle — but Tom Ford’s version is particularly pricey. That’s mostly due to the fact that the bottle is larger michael kors outlet clearance than the others, at 8.4 ounces (250 ml), but the concentration of actual oud is also much higher than in its counterparts. (Most scents are more watered down.)Ford’s parfum, however, is extremely potent, and should last the wear and Coach Outlet Store tear of a full day at the office — or a long night (and early morning) out.According to the Forest Research Institute of Malaysia, just 7 percent of these evergreens, mostly found in Southeast Asia, produce the oud found Coach Outlet in our fragrances. A pound of the lovely fungi byproduct can cost up to $5,000 in certain regions — which also helps explain the hefty price tag for this designer spritz.
    This Friday, though, it’s Dylan’s turn in the Coach Purses spotlight, with the opening of “Condemned” (which is more gory than gripping-the-armrests scary). She plays likeable Maya, who follows her rocker boyfriend into the creepy, condemned apartment building where he’s been squatting, alongside a collection of drug dealers, junkies coach outlet online and other eccentrics. Dylan received just one piece of advice from her parents before filming. “The one thing they said to me was, ‘Don’t do anything that feels false to you. Even though you’re playing another person, anything you michael kors outlet online sale do — like movements, or even a word— just don’t say it, because it’s gonna come off false to the audience.’ ”While acting is Dylan’s latest career leap, it’s certainly not her first. After working service jobs in Marin, Coach Outlet Store Online Dylan moved to NYC’s West Village in 2012, where she hosted at a restaurant while interning at the high-fashion ad agency Lipman (which folded in 2013). “I thought I would really love it,” she says. But then: “I remember Longchamp Outlet working a Dior job and it was [all] about the rose that would be next to Natalie Portman for the perfume ad,” she recalls, “literally a month on what kind of rose it should be — what color, how michael kors handbags full it should look . . . just the detail. I can respect that for sure, but that’s when I realized that advertising wasn’t my deal.”
    “Robert probably cares about me more than anyone else in my life — Longchamp about my well-being as well as my ability to perform as a designer,” Jacobs told the Journal in 2012. “As soon as he realized [my heroin addiction] he said, ‘I’m not going to sit back and let you kill coach outlet yourself.’ He went to Mr. ­Arnault and said, ‘Marc needs to get help.’”Jacobs was resistant to rehab, and Duffy made it clear that his bosses would let him carry on until he OD’d. “These people don’t really love you Michael Kors Purses or care about you,” Duffy told Jacobs. “They want you to work, and if you die, that’s it.”Jacobs went to rehab. Once clean, he had a renewed sense of purpose, and Duffy set about building an empire. In 2001, Coach Outlet Online they opened three Marc Jacobs stores on Bleecker Street — such was the demand for his stuff. The ­cachet of his brand turned that once-grim michael kors purses West Village block into a mini Gold Coast.At Vuitton, he collaborated with his hero, artist Stephen Sprouse, on a graffiti-inspired LV-monogrammed bag. It was such an astounding hit that Vuitton — a house that previously specialized in bags — established its first-ever waiting list.In December of that year, actress Winona Ryder was caught shoplifting, among other items, a $760 Marc Jacobs cashmere sweater. michael kors She wore his clothes to court.“Throughout her trial,” said the Washington Post’s Robin Givhan, “Ryder looked splendid.”It was the apotheosis of Marc’s fame; the cultural moment was his. Yet in 2007, Jacobs was abusing drugs again, getting thrown off Longchamp Outlet planes, disappearing for days at a time.It was Duffy who called him out: “Marc,” he said. “I know what’s going on.” As he did in 2001, Duffy encouraged Marc to be open about his issues. “Marc is a gay coach factory outlet man who is a drug addict, who hires hookers,” Duffy said in 2008. “Why lie about it?”As recently as 2012, right before Jacobs’ contract was up at Vuitton, Duffy told the Journal he’d never leave, despite all ­Jacobs had coach factory put him through.“We’ll always need each other,” Duffy said.

Anonymous

Support Nibbits by linking to us: