If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

You are replying to:

• Difference is, mine removes the player that actually dropped alliance by detecting which one attacks another by a very fast, less than a second, method, and boots them from the game with a loss trigger. Even the hack that prevents a loss screen doesn't stop the map from taking their units away (proven by a spoofer, who I thanked for his help).

Meanwhile, there is no provision in my map to make a 'utility' area without fux'ing the AI. The map also runs on Random Start Locations to randomize player slots, so dedicated player 1 controls are out anyway.

This method removes a player who tries to BS before they can do any damage (or even figure out that un-alliancing is detected) and lets the re-distribution of units work to keep the game playable. If you immediately re-ally them with a trigger without any real intervention they'll just force-attack their units.

The only other issue that comes to mind is the loss of nuking capability if a player BS'es with them, but I wouldn't figure those nukes as 'usable' in such a case anyway. I'll work on nuke/silo recovery for the next version since I've developed some nice variable storing methods using unit death counts.

Lieutenant
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Raeve
    Realm:
    US West

Support Nibbits by linking to us: