If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

You are replying to:

• Ok, Random Start Location is unchecked on all forces 1-4. still starting in random locations. If i go to use map setting with 2 computers in force 2 and me in force one, i start in player ones spot with player ones color, but the game ends instantly with me winning and the after game stats say the computer has no forces at all."

It seems like at first you weren't using Use Map Settings. That would explain why any modifications you make to the map in the map editor have no effect. If you play the map in any setting other than use map settings it will just play like a regular melee game with the default melee triggers or other similar melee modes. So in the future just always set it to UMS when you're playing a custom map.

"Im trying to make my own map where i can get on with 4 of my friends at the top of the map and 4 computers at the bottom with one bridge in the middle. I cant figure out the permanent starting locations and nthe AI Script for the computers to work properly. My Uncle and I have been workin on this for a full week now and are getting very anoyed with the programing bugs. Im sure the problem is easily fixable but we cant find it."

If I understand you correctly, this should be a relatively easy thing to do. The default melee triggers should work for what you're doing and you'll only need to add another trigger that will run an AI Script of your choosing.

The reason why it is defeating you is because unlike a melee mode game that automatically places command centers and SCVs at start locations, a Use Map Settings Game places nothing by default at the start locations when the game starts. What you will need to do is preplace command centers and SCVs for each player right on top of where the start locations are.

Corporal

Support Nibbits by linking to us: