If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

You are replying to:

• Considering authors verification.

Dcramer, your map database should definetly have an option to somehow connect the author name specified in the map with a forum account. I suggest divide the problem on two: how to connect the author name specified in the map with the battle.net account and how to connect a battle.net account with the nibbits forum account.

Usually authors nicknames written in maps textually match the ones they have on battle.net or somwhere else, for example on forums (or at least one of them). Considering this I suppose matching the author nickname written in the map with all textually matching names *anywhere*. For example, I write "Map by Wormer" in my maps, thus everyone who has the nickname wormer everywhere is connected with the author name: wormer@games.podolsk.ru, wormer@USEast, wormer@Europe, wormer@staredit.net, wormer@gmail.com for example.

But this matching does not play any role as far as these names are matched with the nibbits account. Matching nibbits account with mail servicies is easy and could be automated. The author names specified at the authors map field on nibbits are linked *only* with those nibbits accounts which are connected to at least some of those names (wormer@games.podolsk.ru, wormer@USEast, wormer@Europe, wormer@staredit.net, wormer@gmail.com and etc.). Thus several nibbits accounts could be linked with the particular author name. They are sorted by "confidence": basically having more such account connected should result in having more confidence, particular rules could be tweaked later.

You can ask, how to connect a nibbits account with the battle.net one? This should be the problem of the one who wants to connect them. Take me for example. After I specify the account wormer@USEast on my personal page on nibbits I can ask you to verify the wormer@USEast account. You send me a password through a nibbits pm message and we agree the meeting date and time on battle.net where I am telling you the password. Once you sure I have a wormer@USEast account you can confirm that near the wormer@USEast account on my nibbits page. More people have confirmed my USEast account it becomes more tightly connected with the nibbits account. Now I can confirm other forum accounts and so on. The same thing is with the forum and other accounts.

I want to point out that someone with the nibbits account sdf112 connected (and confirmed) with the battle.net account wormer@Europe could also pretend on authorship and will display in the nibbits accounts list connected with the wormer nickname specified in the map. The list of such accounts should be sorted by confidence as I wrote.

"I bet at this stage we could code a better Starcraft engine from scratch ourselves. :P" - Tuxlar
    Major
    Battle.net
    Name:
    wormer
    Realm:
    US East

Support Nibbits by linking to us: