If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

You are replying to:

• This is not to show you how to do it
    Just to show you how exploitable this game really is
    Thanks to linuxisawesome for showing me this

First the commentary

Hackers response

yuGusoGI always had hard time vs Terran because the good ones (1000+ points) just kite my zealots or focus fire my stalkers. While Immortals are too slow to get into combat. These guys are better players than me, I have no clue how to deal with it just yet..

Let me say for the record that I didn't come up with the Immortal exploit, that was discovered by two other guys(simultaneously). Their name will remain anonymous but just take it from me, that the project as a whole is developed by a small team of guys who are just doing this for fun.

Here is a replay that does it justice. The replay is Protoss vs Protoss.

If you think I maphaxed, I didn't. As you could see in the bad replay(OP post) I had no idea the guys scv was still in my base ready to scout out my dark templars.

Anyway to solve all these problems I decided to use sentries.

This replay shows something I built for sentries so I can relax in my base and make Immortals while the enemy tries to get in. There is no maphax because I don't believe in it...

http://sc2.replayers.com/replays/view/3358

Sure there is a lot of haters out there and I really don't blame you for being a hater. I'm the opposite of you, but that is just the fact of life there is always going to be polar opposites. Pro-gamers and Pro-exploiters.

It makes sense to hate me because I tilt the games advantage for myself.. But there are other ways of looking at it.

For one this isn't public, and it never will be. All involved have been there and done that, we have no intention of ruining the game for everyone. Secondly we're not trying to keep it a massive secret, we don't care if you find out about what we discover, it's purely for entertainment. We are not trying to keep it a secret and sneak into some tournament league diminishing the integrity of the game, we are just playing as you do, with a few bent rules.

I guess if you have been hurt by warp'n immortals, on behalf of our small team, we're sorry. Just look on the bright side, not many people get to go up against these things.

Peace.
    A wiseman once told me this, Get a man to write down his ten most purest thoughts, and I'll find something in their to hang him with.

That is to say, it doesn't matter what is written if you're looking for bad, you'll find it.

For your amusement I will respond one last time. To one judgment, one which pierces at the fabric of my character and perhaps others. It has molded me into what I have become, going back to my childhood days emailing hacks@blizzard.com like a kid energetically trying to fix something he does not truly understand.

While you were emailing Blizzard new units, story lines, spells, and game ideas. I was there in the corner of the library writing up my amazing ways to fix the cheat problem.

I'm sure out of all those who hack, I do not stand alone. We all at some point wanted to help. So raise the question legit-gamers, why are no hackers helping patch the exploits before they go public?

Hackers were left to mold our own path, Blizzard created the monsters you despise, us. They augmented and trained us with littered crumbs along a path. Assert routines,rtti,and string references. Blizzard finally removed a lot of those crumbs, but now we don't need them anymore. Blizzard gave us all the experience we'll ever needed to understand games, understand how they work - to find things.. and to pass on that knowledge.

We created our own communities, caves at the very edge of nowhere. Blizzard ignored our kind, they ignored us, even the good ones from the very day we existed.

Of course there is always an exception like R1CH.. But that is a story for another day.

" Once you found out about the particular hack, you could have quite as easily tested it in-game against an AI opponent and then emailed sent a report to Blizzard detailing the possible exploit so that they could address the issue."

Just put yourself our shoes, why encourage others to email hacks@blizzard.com when hacks@blizzard.com showed no interest in hackers. Only time hacks@blizzard.com responds is if you send something extremely high profile - the rest of the time expect to be ignored.

As for the company Blizzard, hackers enjoy their games. We love their games just as you do. But trying to make out we are irresponsible for not throwing our findings down the black hole known as hacks@blizzard.com is a very daring statement. Making out something so obvious and sensible has not been considered.

Hackers will continue to exploit just as we exploited all the previous games. Hacks will be discovered and patched/banned. That has always been our relationship why will it change today?

Three months into SC2 and you see warping immortals and various other things. I can assure you hackers have only sc*%!@d the tip of the ice berg. To not over estimate it, warping immortals was a walk in the park. Nor underestimate, the horrors you experienced in SC1/WC3 are yet to come. Hacks are coming.

FROM
    http://sea.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/48835680

If you read through the quote I provided, He posts a link to another exploit he does.

Replay download
    http://www.remnantsofchaos.com/sc2/Immortal_Hack.SC2Replay

Original thread
    http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=151132

Darkmage also has a little write up on his blog
    http://blizzhackers.blogspot.com/2010/09/sc2-immortal-warp-gate-exploit.html

Private

Support Nibbits by linking to us: