If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

You are replying to:

• As I'm writing this, I'm madly getting hacked by the Chinese/Mexican German-wannabe hacker squad from Chicago and Canada (or "my minions" as 1 of them called it) while trying to host cat n mouse nya. They can no longer do the most annoying tricks like blocking me from bnet for 10 minutes or making bnet really laggy anymore. But they can join every game I make using some sort of a automated bot program and prevent other people from joining the game.

Apparently the hacker has a problem with the fact that Cat n mouse nya is fair and balanced, unlike the classical cnm.

The biggest problem with the "classic" Cat n Mouse is that it has only 1 cat & so it can be exploited with micro hack. You can definitely tell that a micro hack is being used when you see a probe immediately rebuilds right on spot of a previous pylon, blocking the path for the ultalisk, or when you see a probe simply building a pylon with just the right timing to confuse the cat's AI and send it backward, or when you see an array of pylons being created and sequentially being canceled. These may individually be circumstantial evidence, but it's not when someone is able to reproduce such micro frequently with apparent ease.

Even without hacks, the fact that the cat in Jungle can only be at one place at a time means that win is virtually guaranteed to any crowd of mice with some knowledge of the game. Theoretically it is possible for just 2 mice to beat a cat, and I've worked out many games where just 3 mice were able to win. The hard truth is that the cat is at the mercy of mice's mistakes. If the mice were to make no mistakes (i.e. as long as a mouse were to swap lanes and build pylons as cover without slipping on the timing), it is absolutely impossible for the cat alone to outmaneuver and catch the mice. This is clearly an unfair arrangement.

So why maintain this fundamental problem, when it could be so easily solved by adding just 1 more cat? And everything else could be tweaked to accomodate for the addition.

That's what I did with Cat n Mouse Nya. Now, something really funny is how the hackers like to come join and start criticizing my games and talking to themselves (and expect me to be somehow affected by their amusing rant). When the cats are winning, they'd say the game is rigged for the mice, but when the mice are winning, they'd say the exact opposite.

I'd really love to talk with them and go in-depth about how or why the map is rigged, for the mice or the cats. When I try, they usually give a short list of some of the stats in the game as evidence of the game's riggedness and run away. For example, they'd say "stargate has way more hp than in jungle." Well, aren't there 2 cats?

Regardless of the stats, what can't be denied is that cats have more than fair chance when they are piloted by less than intelligent people or anybody who's smarter with IQ of 70 or more. Cats can systematically corner mice by running down both sides of a corridor and be done with the game within minutes.

What ultimately makes the game fun is the prospect of humiliating the cats by actually beating them, which is significantly harder. It's not impossible if the mice are persistent and think a few steps ahead whenever something arises.

(._.)>)>)>)>)>~~
    <erste = 1st >
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Asuka[LF]
    Realm:
    US East

Support Nibbits by linking to us: