If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

You are replying to:

• I think My Account link at top right corner of the page should also have a link to a list of Articles and Reviews authored by the user.

---------

let me add.

The current designations for the ratings are not very helpful, I think, on two levels, mainly due to their vague wordings (i.e. "neutral").

Because pretty much everything receives "neutral" rating with yellow bars, people can't really rely on the rating system to determine if it's a map they want to test out.

It also makes rating and writing reviews much less exciting because it feels like your rating won't matter. So I think if someone writes a review or rates a map without any rating, it should take effect immediately.

This will also cause more people to join in and rate maps, since the chance is, they will find some ratings disagreeable. For example, I have rated Diplo or War East 011 with 5 stars. If the rating were to show, Very Good or Good, instead of Neutral, other people who apparently find that undeserved will provide their own ratings. That, despite its potential flaws, will at least bring multiple ratings per map, and it would be much more reliable indicator than say 1 rating with "Neutral" designation that is prevalent in the status quo.

Dcramer, you promised a lot of new changes maybe half a year ago, and I haven't seen any of them materialize.

Let me repeat. Nibbits need a better "economy" with more features and incentives to earn coins and experience points. It could be just a little more, and that could trigger an exponential growth of activity with feedback between increases in contents and in users.

-----

I'm also sick of the small guild of snobby close-minded elitist mapmakers (and perhaps their puppet accounts) who rate and review maps amongst themselves and snob or ignore contributions made by others outside the circle (which seems to be centered around staredit.net). I also suspect that some of the seemingly anonymous users with very little activity who have given my maps bad ratings are hackers who have stalked me on bnet (using hacks - see this youtube vid - made by Eric Frost, aka Allah, in Chicago).

I think the only way this will change is if more "normal" people were on nibbits (and thats if nibbits were to become bigger), thereby neutralizing this systemic bias toward hardcore maniacs of the sc hacker culture.

(._.)>)>)>)>)>~~
    <erste = 1st >
    Battle.net
    Name:
    Asuka[LF]
    Realm:
    US East

Support Nibbits by linking to us: