If you were logged in you would gain 3 XP for posting a reply.

Please respect our terms of use when participating in Nibbits.

Preview
Comment
We will show a masked version of your IP address as well as your name.

You are replying to:

• I came across this site a few days ago and it seems to live up to its boast of hosting the largest StarCraft custom maps database on the internet. I would like to make some requests if I may;

1. Black background for text would be preferable imo.

2. Someone was talking about the site http://www.epicwar.com in another thread and I wanted to point out some things about it that might be implemented. The alternating background colors when browsing maps, the somewhat larger minimap displayed when browsing maps, also it uses the whole screen instead of 4:3 aspect ratio but I don't really care about that.

3. There are links that use a very light blue/purple-grey that I can barely see such as the numbers displayed right of the map categories and on the maps page underneath 'Popular' or 'New' where there are 3 tabs each.

4. Nibbler should have a link on the homepage or under the maps home page.
    edit: Nibbler seems to be downloading everything with a name like this now 'Rush%20Episode%201%20v1.0@1.14' don't know what happened it was working fine at first

5. I have seen others complain about this and it kinda bothers me to, that is no page numbers..

6. Would like to see more info while browsing maps without having to click or hover over it, like category, style, size, author etc. That way you could sort by that info as well.

7. this has already been mentioned also, different versions of the same map pop up when browsing. For example this map- 'Sorcery II RPG vBETA 3.0'/'Sorcery II RPG vBETA4.6.scx'/'Sorcery II RPGvBETA4.7.scx'. (I say browsing not searching, and I did not come across the most updated map first.)

8. I'm not sure what purpose the rank system is supposed to serve, if there is already an opinion meter what does it matter to know what rank a map is out of 12,000 other than just for the fun of it? Also you grade by stars but you see a bar instead when browsing, maybe a percentage or letter grades would be better.

Well thats all I got. This is probably an ignorant question but the number of maps in the map categories do not add up to anywhere near 12,000. Are all the rest under Uncategorized or ah, whats goin on there? :D

Support Nibbits by linking to us: